Monday, April 1, 2013

april fool vs. april jerk


last year, i quit my waitressing job on april fools. it was the end of my final college semester and i was juggling 6 classes. i'd been miserable at the job for a while and then all of a sudden, my dignity couldn't tolerate one more day in that smokey sports bar. without any notice, i ended it.

"hey josh, i quit... no, it's not a joke."



would i be a bad person if i were to do it again? that is, quit my job two april fools in a row...

part of me wants to just for the amusement of the congruency. it tickles me when things line up like that. and i really have been unhappy with my job lately--the many high maintenance tourists who are so hard to please, the long exhausting hours in the sun, the moody crew i have to work with now that my mates are all split up... the general monotony of it all.

i'm pretty burnt out and ready to leave island already.

but another part of me thinks i should stick it out for two more weeks and save money for traveling. i told everyone i was leaving mid-april. it's typical of my flighty fashion to take up and leave early without telling anybody. but i also want to have some proper goodbyes in case i never return.

i can't decide.

okay maybe i won't quit today. but maybe i'll call in and say that i quit as a joke this time... just to keep my bosses on their toes ;)  #apriljerk

6 comments:

Allie said...

Sorry your job is annoying right now. That's never fun :( When you plan to quit a job the time right before always feels like forever hahaha

Allie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I enjoy the humor in your posts :) I hope you figure it all out!

Anonymous said...

I hope things lit up over there! A not so well working environment can eat you alive if you stick a lil bit longer. I only hope you get enough money for traveling soon enough! Cheers!

Jessica said...

It's always hard when you plan to quit in advance- then you just cannot wait for that day to come because you already know you are going to end it. I still have serving nightmares from when I was a waitress and I quit three years ago!!!

bambie said...

you will not leave this island without telling anyone because i would leave the moment i found out and i would find you. I have a very specific set of skills. you have been warned. if you leave i will buy all the kitkats in the world and put them in a warehouse in st thomas. i will sell them to no one so you will never be able to eat a kitkat again muhahahahahah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...